Saturday, September 29, 2007

I'm on a bit of a yarn high right now. I just got back from Loop, a LYS in Philadelphia, where I bought five skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca's Alpaca Silk in peacock to make the Lacy Hug-Me-Tight from Knit 2 Together. The yarn is gorgeous and soft and the color is incredibly vibrant. Most of the knitting is just a big rectangle of K2, P2 rib, but I figure that won't get too boring given the monumental amount of baseball I will be watching during the post-season. I have a bit more than a month to finish this, if I want to give it to my Mom for her birthday, and I do. But I'm not going to pressure myself too much, if it's not done by her birthday it'd be a fine Hannukah present, and if it's not done by then it'd be a great Monther's Day gift.

Speaking of LYS, I find that I like Loop a lot better than the store right around the corner. I'm more comfortable there, and I feel like people are happy to talk to me. I think I may go there for most of my knitting needs in Philly.

Oh, and in other news. I finally sent of the Linus baby blanket to its intended recipient. Go me! It's only a year and a month late.

No comments: