Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Green Sleeves

Ok, I know it's an awful pun, but that's just who I am.

The sleeves on my Something Green are way too big. Fourteen stitches too big. On a sweater whose gauge is 18 stitches to four inches. Um, oops. I'm going to try to do double decreases on either side of the center of the sleeve every four rows three times and then do three instead of two sets of decreases when the pattern calls for them. And I'm going to be willing to rip out the sleeve if it's funky. I really can't wait to get this sweater done. I've barely started on the body ribbing but I have a whole lot more to do. I really want this to be a wearable sweater - not least because I don't think I'll ever knit with this yarn again.

In other fibery news I have borrowed a wheel (Louet SD10 DT) and just got my pound of fiber last night. I alternate between thinking I'll actually be able to use the undyed yarn for a Tam from Knitty's winter '07 issue to a fear of yarn barf up the wazoo. I guess we'll see.

No comments: