Monday, November 19, 2012

As Fast As A Speeding Bullet

I made a very late in the day decision to make my mom's birthday present this year. Well, actually, after the day, since I started knitting on the day of her birthday.

I wanted to use the yarn I had recovered from the sweater I made for her a couple of years ago (it didn't fit). It's a LE blue in Sundara's Aran Silky Merino.

I started with a shawl, which went from cast-on to blocking in two days, due to non-stop election coverage viewing.

DSC01719

And since I had a bunch of yarn left over, and my mom keeps complementing my berets, I made her a matching hat. In 24 hours - cast-on Friday night, wove in the ends on Saturday night. It was a miracle of efficiency.

DSC01715

Together they make a lovely set.

DSC01718

I had a chance to give them to her when she came into the city - turned out to be the perfect gift as she had not dressed for the cold, raw weather. All in all, a success!

Yarn: Sundara Aran Silky Merino
Shawl Pattern: Autumn Blush  by Joji Locatelli
Hat Pattern: Gretel by Ysolde

No comments: