Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015 Crafting Resolutions

Now seems like a good time to figure out my crafting plans for the year. So without further ado:

Necessary Projects:
Baby Blanket for Ilan and Anna (Op-Art in KnitPicks Swish DK in Eggplant and Squirrel Heather) Due By: March 2015

Baby Blanket for Suz and Steve (Linus Blanket with KnitPicks Swish Worsted in Jade, Dublin, and Squirrel Heather)
Due By: May 2015

Spin the Bin 2015:
  DSC03173

I'm starting small, since this is my first Spin the Bin year. I also wanted to leave room for the BME top I have incoming and the quarterly SALs, so I stuck with only 2oz a month. Included in that bin (with my plans for it) is:

2oz - Gradient skein from Friends in Fiber Flight of Fantasy

2oz - 2-ply sock from Nest June Bug

8oz - Combo spin 2-ply from Nest Superstitious and Nest Fernwey

4oz - 2-ply sock (?) from Hello Yarn Headbanger

8oz - N-plied fingering weight from 2 bumps of Nest Shoshoni

Sundara Plans:

Finish my Middlefield Pullover, or rip it out and make a different sweater.

Knit a non-purple Sundara sweater, preferably a cardigan. Maybe finally make the Deco sweater I’ve been planning in my Raspberry Sport Merino.

Knit with some of my FMC or FM - I have so much and I haven’t used it at all! Maybe a stripey project? Maybe a shawl?

Knit/weave a winter set in my Lunar Eclipse. I bought 2 skeins of Aran Merino for a hat/mittens set, and 2 skeins of FSM for a scarf/cowl. I originally planned on weaving a shawl/scarf, but now I’m thinking of knitting a cowl.

Finish my darn Snapdragon Mittens and make a cowl with the leftovers!

Miscellaneous Plans:

Knit some socks! I didn't finish a pair all last year, and I miss them. Maybe try for 4 pairs over the year? At least one patterned?

Knit a looser sweater. Maybe Margot in my MadTosh Sport in Spectrum?

Finish my Starry Raglan.

Knit something out of my handspun (finishing my Multanomah will count).

Knit something with colorwork. Fiddlehead Mittens?

Final Thoughts:

I truly doubt that I will be able to complete 2 baby blankets, 4 sweaters, 4 pairs of socks, and miscellaneous accessories this year, and spin a bunch. But, nothing ventured nothing gained. Maybe I can finally get started knitting on the train again? That'd help.

No comments: