Monday, July 23, 2007

Post the First

I have no stash. Ok, that's not entirely true. I have two (or possibly three) skeins of Manos de Uruguay cotton in a pretty purple and two cones of ColourMart silk in cobweb weight. Apparently this is nothing. Having read through the entirety of Yarn Harlot's archives, as well as Wendy's, I realize that something is missing in my life. And that's stash yarn. I have no stash yarn.

Oh, wait, I just remembered. I have 10 or 11 balls of Rowan Calmer that I had intended to make my first sweater with. But I then abandoned that project because I was too scared to make a full on sweater and made a Soleil shell instead. Which is almost done. So maybe I shall actually start that Rowan sweater this time.

But still. My stash is pitifully small. And perhaps some would consider this to be a triumph of actually finishing projects and an economical use of my yarn budget (although honestly I don't really have a yarn budget, I just buy yarn when I start a new project and whince when I see the price tag). But now I want to have a stash. I want sock yarn of many colors. Which means I should probably learn to knit socks.

1 comment:

z's momma said...

Your stash might be small, but you've got exquisite taste!