Thursday, July 26, 2007

Knittin' in the Mornin'

Since coming to London I've been knitting a lot in the morning. Well, not that much, but I'm giving myself about an hour to get ready and get to work, and since the commute is about 5 minutes (including picking up a blueberry muffin from Starbucks) I have a lot of extra time. Which means I average around 2-3 rows on my Linus blanket every morning. And I really like having such a simple, soothing knit for the mornings. The pattern is meditative in its simplicity, the yarn feels good (it's Caron Simply Soft and it makes a really squishy, lovely fabric in this pattern) and I can really see my progress. This blanket is something I'd like to wrap my baby in, if I had a baby to wrap. I'm really liking the way the sky blue, navy blue and lemon yellow work together (though the navy blue is oddly more matte than the other two - could be a dye issue). I'm not looking forward to weaving in the ends, so I'll be weaving them in as I go, once I get back to the same continent as my yarn needles.

In future I think I'm going to try to have some easy, happy project to work on in the mornings, it's a good way to start my day. (We'll see if this lasts after I get back to NY.)

No comments: