Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fickle Doesn't Even Begin to Describe It

So in my last post I extolled my own fickleness and gave as an example the fact that I had to buy more bobbins just so I could work on whatever roving caught my fancy, unencumbered by whatever roving was on my wheel. And I did get those bobbins. But have I been spinning the roving I was so in love with? No. Have I been doing my bar homework for the exam that's coming up in two weeks - well, yes, but not as much as I could have been. Have I been working on the afghan I'm making for my friend's wedding which is two days after the bar? No.

I've been quilting. Yes. I have added another craft. I took a class in Beginning Quilting this summer (at Spool - love them) and I have just finished my quilt top and begun to actually hand quilt. I am having fun.

Here'a picture of the quilt top - it's a bit screwey as it's just basted together and I have one of the squares in a hoop.
Quilting 001

Here's my favorite square (log cabin) and you can see my absolutely favorite aspect of the quilt - the border that shows off all the fabrics I used.
Quilting 005

And here's the back of the square in the hoop - these are my actually lines of quilting. Not bad, huh?
Quilting 004

No comments: