Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fickle

I'm afraid I'm rather fickle when it comes to my crafting. And so I just bought three additional bobbins to enable me in my fickle ways.

I hadn't really used my wheel much since I bought it and though I told everyone it was because I'm studying too much to spin this was simply a pretty lie. I really wasn't using my wheel much because I wasn't in love with the roving I was working with. It's a very pretty pink/purple but I'm not a huge fan of the fiber itself - it doesn't draft smoothly and it wasn't nearly as soft as the roving I wanted to work on. So I pulled the bobbin off my wheel, and started something new. And then I realized I was going to need some more bobbins, in order to prevent this in the future. So I have three winging their ways towards me in the next few days. I may actually have enough to ply by the time they get here. They better hurry.

And, due to my vow to at least try to include a photo in all my posts - here's a pic of the yarn I was working on and have now cruelly abandoned. It's 100% wool pencil roving that I've been experimenting on making a thin/thick yarn with. I'm not sure if I'm going to ply it or just leave it as singles. I'll have to think about that later.

Spinning 051

No comments: