Thursday, September 15, 2011

Weaving that Doesn't Suck!

For my second weaving project, I bought some yellow and purple worsted weight cotton. The yellow is mercerized, so it has a bit of shine to it, but the purple isn't. I like the contrast. I also really like the color combination of yellow and purple - it reminds me of the end of Girl of the Limberlost, where even the bad girl gets a happy ending. :)

Here's my warp. It's a four by four, beginning and ending on yellow. I made a mistake and warped the loom on the front beam, instead of the back beam. In order to make the whole thing work I cut the warp off the beam and tied it down - so now both sides are tied.
DSC00862

I'm weaving with four by four pattern as well, and I'm carrying the yarn up the sides, catching the non-used yarn after the second row. It's working so far, although my selvedges are still far from perfect. I love the look though.

DSC00871

1 comment:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Congratulations! Yes, you are welcome to add weaving to the Yarn category. Sounds like it's made with yarn =)