Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I have cast on my traveling socks for my trip to Israel. I'm making them as plain as possible (2X2 ribbed cuff, stockinette and slip stitched heel flap) to show off Felici's fun stripes. I love the stripes. And the yarn is so soft, I'm definitely getting more. They should be fun photographing at various points on my trip. They'll definitely be great as bus knitting. I'm not sure if I'm going to get them on the plane - I think security flying into Israel may be a bit more stringent than regular flights, so I'll ask before checking my luggage. I hope I can bring them, but I'm going to try to sleep on the flight anyway, so it won't be a huge deal.

I've made progress on my Adamas shawl for my aunt. I'm really loving it. The subtly tonal color of the yarn is really playing well with the simple pattern. Plus the yarn is super fun to knit with. I've finished my fifth of 14 repeats, but each one is going to take longer and longer since each repeat adds stitches. Even so, I shouldn't have any trouble finishing the shawl for my Aunt's birthday in early August. Even with the afghan I should be working on for Ali's wedding.

No comments: