Tuesday, December 18, 2007

New Year's Knitting Resolutions

1. Make a sweater! Really, I just need to throw myself in headfirst and make a darn sweater. And finish it!

2. Learn colorwork - specifically Fair Isle.

3. Play with dyeing yarn - you don't have to be good, you should just have fun.

4. Learn to spin...better. Maybe borrow a wheel to play with. My last attempt failed miserably - my yarn broke over and over and I lost it about halfway through trying to ply but I don't want to give up because roving makes me yearn.

5. Buy necessary accessories - specifically a swift and ball winder and some KnitPicks Options.

6. Organize stash and accessories. It's no fun to be always looking for a darning needle.

7. Keep the couch absolutely clear, and try to limit the number of projects that are in the living room to a reasonable number.

8. Buy good yarn and don't feel guilty about it! Although looking for bargain prices is encouraged.

No comments: