Saturday, May 31, 2008

Brace Liner

I just finished my first totally improvised pattern. I made a liner to be worn on my arm under my brace (it's for carpal tunnel). It was my first thumb gusset (it's not pretty, but it works) too. I used TOFUtsies yarn because the chitin is supposed to be naturally antimicribial (as is wool in general, if I recal correctly). I was prompted to make this because my hand had been smelling really bad when I wore the brace. This way the liner should prevent any bacteria or mold from growing (since it seperates my sweaty hand from the brace itself) and if it does get rank I can just wash it. I've worn it the last couple of nights and I'm very happy with it. It's a veyr snug fit on my arm and hand, which makes it a bit tough to take on and off, but it's meant to be that way in order to minimize bulk.

Top View:

Spinning 023

Palm View:

Spinning 024

Action Shot:

Spinning 022

No comments: