Friday, May 2, 2008

Mystery Socks

I've started my first pair of mystery socks today with SKA's May: Sockdown Mystery Sock. The sock contains fair isle, although I'm not sure how extensive the fair isle is. I'm working with KnitPicks Gloss in Woodland Sage as my main color, with KnitPicks Fingering Bare (white), Gloss in Burgandy and Louet Gems Pearl in Pink Panther. I've just finished with clue 1.

Knitting 103

I used size 2.75mm DPNs for the cuff and moved up to 3.25 for the fair isle. My tension is definitely a bit wonky (I'm using the two handed method) but I think I'm still tighter on the bigger needle in the fair isle than on the smaller needle in the ribbing. But it's definitely better than my last attempt. If I can find my other size 3.25 DPNs I'll work on my second sock, so I can have them both ready for the next clue.

No comments: