Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Frogging

I did a lot of knitting last night. I knit on my mystery stole from 6-7, and then I went downstairs to work on my baby blanket (which is coming along so fast and even though it's very basic, I love it) and watch the Yankees (who won, yay!) and after the game I took up my stole again. And a couple of rows into it I had the wrong number of stiches. I couldn't figure out where I had gained one, so I started tinking back. And then something happened. I took out the closest life-line in an attempt to pick the stiches back up (I know, stupid) and that didn't work. So I had to rip back to the previous life-line (I put them in pretty often, at every new border bead row) and then pick the stiches back up. It wasn't easy. Or pretty. I think I may be back on row 71 or so, and I'm not sure if I'm going to try it again tonight. Even with the ripping I did make some progress last night, which was good. But I think I've learned my lesson, no lace right before bed, I'm too tired not to fuck it up.

In other frogging news, I tried to add the crochet border on my Soleil tank last weekend. And I realized that little holes I made while decreasing along the right strap become much more obvious when I crochet into them. It actually is a cute effect and I'd keep it, if the left side matched. It doesn't. I think I know what I did wrong though - before I started Branching Out I assumed that SSK was the same thing as Sl1K1PSSO. It's not. So I think I'm going to rip out the right strap and reknit it using the correst SSK. Maybe that will prevent the holes. Of course, I'm not entirely sure when I'm going to do this...maybe before next summer?

No comments: