Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Stash Enhancement

I have been listening to the Yarn Harlot's audio books, and I have been struck (as I've mentioned before) by my serious lack of stash. I am one of those knitters who buys yarn specifically for a project. The project may be put off into the future, and I may have several going at once, but I really don't have much, if any, un-project promised yarn about. So I thought to myself, I haven't really bought any yarn this summer, and I deserve yarn. I'm finishing up work next week and I'd like to buy something for myself to celebrate (ignore all the BPAL I splurged on, it doesn't count).

I'm still not comfortable with aquiring yarn without a planned pattern (unless it's a 2,000+ cone of laceweight) for fear that I won't have enough when I finally decide to use it. So today I compromised on my stash aquisition. I bought two projects worth of yarn and I already have the patterns. I bought three skeins of SWTC bamboo in white to make a Lotus Blossom Tank and seven skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca dyed cotton in green to make Something Red. I'm really, really excited. I can't wait to get my yarn. Sure, I have three projects currently on the needles and a fourth that needs to be partly ripped and redone, but I want to play with new patterns and new yarn. Plus, they'll both be for me. Rather unusual.

I'm going to have to play around with both patterns though, adding a bit of length but knitting a different size beneath the bustline then above. We'll see how this works out.

No comments: