Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I did it! I started my first sock! I'm using Tofutsies yarn from South West Trading Company in a sort of tweedy, variegated, grey/blue/brown. It's 50% Superwash Wool, 25% Soysilk, 22.5% cotton and 2.5% Chitin. I'm using Yarn Harlot's "Good, Plain Sock" non-pattern pattern. I'm using size 3 needles (American sizing) and I think I'm getting around 8 stiches to the inch. Using the four DPNs is getting easier as I get farther in, though it's kinda hard to see progress given the tiny stiches. But I'm super excited. Probably way more excited than is merited, but I'll take my happies where I can get them.

Also, I'm not finding any discomfort with using this half-wool yarn, and I'm hoping that this means my historic wool allergy will not interfere with my knitting and stash aquisition.

No comments: